Wednesday, June 4, 2008

How could I forget Whitewater?!

This past Thursday we went whitewater rafting! I don´t know how I forgot about that. I had wanted to do that for a long time, and why not do it in Costa Rica where it´s one of the highest rated whitewater rivers in the world (apparently). Also, I forget the name of that river... haha. Either way, it was 17 Km long and consisted of class 2, 3, and 4 rapids. Our raft (Team Laser), only had one person fall out the entire time, and she was only out for a couple seconds. Ironically, it was Steph Laser, our team captain whom I believe we fired. Don´t get me wrong though, I almost flew out several times, and so did others. Steve and I had to catch PJ a couple times before he went flying out of the raft. There was another time I was late getting to the right side (so as to avoid flipping when we hit a rock on the right side), and the force of the impact sent me across the raft and into Heidi... which she didn´t appreciate at all (my bad). The craziest part was when two rafts hit eachother, then both lifted up and flipped. 12 people all went in the water at once (none of which were MU students), and the other rafts had to stop and pick them up real quick. It was cool to see, but also pretty scary being that any of them could have been injured pretty badly. It was definitely one of my favorite trips, but I think I say that about everything we do. Ok ahora estoy consado. Hasta Luego.

No comments: